Prof.Dr. Dušan Petrić
University of Novi Sad
Faculty of Agriculture
Laboratory for Medical and Veterinary Entomology,
Trg Dositeja Obradovića 8
21000 Novi Sad
Role and main activities in AIMCOST
Action Vice Chair
WG 1 and 2 member
Professor Dušan Petrić is a head of the Laboratory for Medical Entomology. He has 35 years of experience in mosquito research, and was associate research fellow in the Institute of Zoology, University of Heidelberg, and KABS/GFS, Germany (1990–2000), and visiting professor at the University of Manchester, School of Biological Sciences, Department of Environmental Biology, U.K. (1991–1992). Recently, he was organizing the field studies and trainings in mosquito identification and sampling in Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Romania and Serbia. He is author of 51 referred scientific publications (h=15), and Associate Editor of Medical and Veterinary Entomology. He was member of the Core Matrix Mosquito Group of VectorNet, is Deputy Chair of Aedes Invasive Mosquitoes (AIM) COST Action and National coordinator of IAEA project on AIM. His scientific interests have been focused on the developing of mosquito surveillance and monitoring methods, and implementation of environment friendly control strategies. He is providing expert consultations to international bodies such as European Centre for Diseases Prevention and Control (ECDC), European Food Safety Agency (EFSA), and International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
Five recent and relevant publications
- Groen TA, L’Ambert G, Bellini R, Chaskopoulou A, Petric D, Zgomba M, Marrama L, Bicout DJ (2017) Ecology of West Nile virus across four European countries: Empirical modeling of the Culex pipiens abundance dynamics as a function of weather, Parasites and Vectors. 10. doi:10.1186/s13071-017-2484-y.
- Petrić, M., Lalić, B., Ducheyne, E., Djurdjević V., Petrić D. (2017) Modelling the regional impact of climate change on the suitability of the establishment of the Asian tiger mosquito (Aedes albopictus) in Serbia. Climatic Change pp 1-14. doi:10.1007/s10584-017-1946-8
- Salasan C, Petrić D, Bellini R, Pajović Lj, Jovanović M, Despotović A, Pajović I: Urban social analysis and opportunity assessment of national system for mosquito monitoring in Montenegro. Agriculture & Forestry, 2015, Vol. 61. Issue 3: 77-86 DOI: 10.17707/AgricultForest.61.3.08
- Petrić D, Bellini R, Scholte E-J, Marrama Rakotoarivony L, Schaffner F: Monitoring population and environmental parameters for invasive mosquito species in Europe. Parasites & vectors 2014, 7:187
- Schaffner, F., R. Bellini, D. Petrić, E.-J. Scholte, H. Zeller and L. Marrama Rakotoarivony, 2013: Development of guidelines for the surveillance of invasive mosquitoes in Europe. Parasites & vectors, 6, 209